Drymaxx Air Solutions – Southern California
How You Will Make An Impact…
The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating new business and ensuring future growth of specified product lines. They will accomplish this by working with MEP design engineers and contractors to specify equipment as shown on our line card, specifically humidity control systems and DOAS equipment to assist contractors during the bidding, submittal and construction phases of a project. They will be responsible for the Spec to Sale process for MEP.
What You Will Be Doing…
• Develop a strong technical understanding of specified products and how they are used in multiple applications including residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial clientele
• Establish relationships with key specifying engineering firms/design teams in the territory
• Influence and aid in the design with designers, architects and engineers to specify our represented equipment s through regularly scheduled visits, education and technical communication
• Assess the potential application of company products and offer solutions to meet customer needs
• Hold regular technical presentations and training seminars for design professionals related to the design of Drymaxx represented products
• Use technical knowledge of products to support and build sales on specification and conversion in conjunction with local sales team and provide technical job-site support as needed
• Research and present reports showing potential customers the cost benefit of purchasing company products
• Develop and maintain client records in CRM tool
• Locations: Los Angeles/San Diego What You Bring To The Drymaxx Air Solution Team…
• Impeccable communication skills – both spoken and written – mandatory
• Able to handle multiple priorities, organize, plan, and meet difficult deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong Interpersonal, negotiation, follow-up, and documentation skills
• 3-4 years of Mechanical engineering experience
• Excellent presentation skills in front of large groups
• High energy, out-going, and goal-oriented eager to meet and exceed goals and targets
• Self-starter with ability to manage own schedule and work as “home-based”
• Technical sales experience a plus but not required Education/Experience: • MEP design experience required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in MEP layout and design Travel Expectations: Up to 65% of time traveling within territory
Please contact Aaron Deutsch (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply
Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! We combine cutting edge technology with heart stopping design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price.
Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team!
The HVAC Engineer primarily responsible for the development of HVAC system design at our factory location. The candidate in this role will work with design, manufacturing, and site construction, to perfect existing systems as well as develop the next generation of HVAC systems for modular construction. What you will do Design/Develop all ducted mechanical systems including fireplaces, exhaust fans, and range hoods and sprinkler systems for prefabricated modular homes. Utilize 3D modeling to understand form, fit and function and constructability of completed designs. Complete schematics for line set, power, data, MEP to be included in the final release blueprint. Document standardized testing procedures for equipment installed in factory Develop standardized BOM for procurement and load list for site materials. Develop site installation manual and systems start up procedures. Actively participate in quality improvements of the product or manufacturing process. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or similar. Three plus years’ work experience in residential HVAC design. Previous experience with Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, mini splits, and VRF systems. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) Advanced to Expert level knowledge with REVIT architectural software Advanced to expert level knowledge in 3D BIM software, including Sketchup and/or any other relevant REVIT plugins. Expert level blueprint reading
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future - for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
SmithGroup’s California Engineering Team is growing! We are a close-knit passionate team dedicated to driving high performance, resilient, and integrated systems into some of the country’s most advanced buildings. From Laboratories and Hospitals to Schools, Mixed Use Offices, and even housing, we are leading the industry in Net Zero Design, all-electric building systems, and cost effective resilient microgrids. As an integrated practice, you can expect to be at the table side by side with Architects, Planners, Landscape Architects, and even Structural Engineers and developing close relationships throughout our office beyond just our discipline. Our passion for high performance buildings is only matched by our equally strong passion for work life balance and working together as a national engineering team to deliver high quality work.
The California Engineering team is growing and we are looking for an Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The role can be fulfilled from any one of our four California offices: Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, or San Francisco.
Working with us, you will:
Perform analysis, design and documentation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and controls.
Perform system assessments and prepare technical reports.
Review submittals, RFIs and contractor proposed change orders, and conduct site observations.
Coordinate the work of mechanical designers and junior staff assigned to the project.
Assist with construction site visits as required for observation, answering contractor questions, or representing the owner in preparing punch lists.
Create and develop planning and design concepts for projects.
Prepare presentation drawings and otherwise assists in presentations both internally and externally.
Mentor and train junior staff.
An ideal candidate has:
A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 7 years of related technical design and consulting engineering experience designing HVAC, plumbing, and special systems.
Engineer-in-Training certification required. Eligible to take Part II of the licensing exam.
Interest in high-performance buildings, including net-zero energy, preferred.
Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and project teams.
Proficiency with Revit and the Microsoft Office Suite.
LEED AP preferred.
Experience with Laboratory and Housing/Mixed Use projects preferred.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also promote a healthy work/life balance for our staff which includes an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays), as well as hybrid work options that give our team the flexibility to work within our vibrant office culture or remotely, as needed.