Job Posting / Advertisement
If you would like to post a job please click "Subscribe" below to purchase. You will be automatically billed monthly until you cancel.
Business Card Listing
If you would like to post your business card for 1 year please pay by clicking "Buy Now".
Job Title: Director of Commissioning
Office Location: Downtown LA, or Pasadena
- Are you an experienced CxA looking to build a team?
- The Director of Commissioning functions as our Cx Practice Lead and will manage all aspects of our Cx projects, as well as being responsible for business development and growthof this business unit.
- This position includes required sales targetsand requires participation in the proposal writing process
- Minimum of 5-7years Cx experiencein the Southern Californiamarket
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Physical ability to walk jobsites and partake in Cx activities on a construction site
- Capable of independently managing and executingall aspects ofcommissioning projects
- Certified CxA
- Working understanding of relevant technical standards and industry groups: CCC, BCA, ASHRAE, ASME, SMACNA, IBC, CALGreen/ T24, LEED, etc.
- Engaged and participatoryin local industry organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering field
- Experience with: testing, start-up and troubleshooting of HVAC systems, including but not limited to cooling towers, chillers, packaged roof top units, ERUs, DOAS, AHUs, VRFs, VFDs, for all commercial buildings types
- Tasks will include, but are not limited to: design reviews, BOD and OPR development, reviews of equipment installation (both new and existing buildings), verifying system-level sequence of operations, submittal review, MEP coordination oversight, staff systems training and overseeing component & systems startup and functional testing
- Energy modeling experience
- Energy audit experience
- M&V implementation experience
- Professional Engineer (PE)
WHO YOU ARE
- An all-star talent who wants to work as part of a highly respected and growing team.
- An inspired change maker who wants to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Enjoy working on projects forcorporateclients such as GE, Cisco, and J&J.
- Strong business writing and verbal communicator with a fastidious attention to detail and flawless follow-up.
- You thrive in a work hard / play hard environment where you’re surrounded by like-minded, passionate sustainability professionals who are working to change the world through green building.
Send an email with cover letter in the body of your email, and PDF resume attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KSR Associates is seeking an HVAC industry veteran to fill an important role within our organization as an
Inside Sales/Application Engineer
The applicant should have ample experience working with mechanical engineers and design/build mechanical contractors on commercial construction projects.
The duties involved range from assisting our outside personnel with equipment selections and performance runs, to consulting directly with designers on the HVAC products that KSR represents, to managing take-offs, pricing and quoting, as well as doing submittals and providing after-sales support.
KSR represents several premier manufacturers of commercial HVAC equipment. Built on a long history of service and integrity, we offer a unique work style ideal for professional people who are creative, energetic self-starters capable of running their own show, with the option to work out of a home office and run a flexible work schedule.
Please call Tony Henkel at 1-909-463-0088, x111 or send a resume to email@example.com
CALIFORNIA ENGINEERING DESIGN GROUP, INC.
2725 West Burbank Blvd. Burbank, CA 91505-2306
tel: (818)566-7755 fax: (818)566-7760
California Engineering Design Group, Inc. (CEDG), Mechanical/Plumbing consulting engineers in Burbank, California is in need of a Plumbing design engineer with at least 10 years of experience in the consulting field. Must know how to size and layout equipment, i.e. pumps, piping, fixtures, etc. Will be coordinating with other trades, so must have good communication skills and also working knowledge of latest version of AutoCad. Benefits included.
CEDG is also searching for an H.V.A.C. design engineer with at least 10 years of experience in the consulting field. Must know how to size and layout equipment, i.e. package units, duct sizing, register and diffuser sizing. Good communication skills, and working knowledge of the latest version of AutoCadd, Carrier E-20 load calculation and EnergyPro Title 24 programs. Benefits included.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description - Technical Advisor
The Los Angeles Better Buildings Challenge (LABBC) is an innovative, utility-funded initiative to support property owners and managers in executing cost-effective building performance upgrades to achieve 20 percent energy and water savings by 2020. The LABBC serves as an unbiased guide to help businesses take advantage of all available resources and incentives, and maximize the ROI of their energy and water efficiency upgrades.
The Los Angeles Better Buildings Challenge (www.LA-BBC.com) is seeking a Technical Advisor to aid in the surveying of new properties and assessment of energy and water efficiency equipment.
Reports to: Executive Director
Time Commitment: 10 - 20 hours / week
Compensation: Commensurate with market rates and experience
Surveying existing buildings to identify energy and water savings opportunities:
The Technical Advisor will be assigned to visit LABBC Clients' sites, meet with Building Engineers and Property Managers, identify HVAC, electrical, and controls systems, and summarize potential energy and/or water savings. The Technical Advisor will organize and lead site-visits for selected contractors to prepare bids for the work required to achieve the energy conservation items listed during the initial survey.
Evaluating technical engineering and performance data provided by software and equipment manufacturers.
Manufacturers of state-of-the-art energy and/or water saving devices and energy performance software developers submit product material to LABBC for potential inclusion in our pre-screened list of recommended products. The Technical Advisor will evaluate these products (no testing or dismantling is required) and report on the accuracy of the claims made, likely applications, and the background of the manufacturer.
Desired Qualifications and traits:
- The Technical Advisor should have, as a minimum, 10 years of experience in the design and/or installation of mechanical or electrical systems and equipment.
- Familiarity with common energy modeling software programs is required.
- Familiarity with building HVAC, electrical, plumbing and controls systems is required.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Environmental Science is preferred.
- Excellent technical communications skills, both written and oral, are required.
The Technical Advisor is an Independent Contractor. The Technical Advisor is required to provide, at no additional cost to the LABBC, all tools, equipment, transportation, etc., required by the Technical Advisor to complete assigned tasks.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and relevant sample work (including a recent writing sample) to email@example.com.
Arup is seeking several highly motivated Engineers with a range of experience and expertise to join our team in Southern California. As a Commissioning Authority, you will work on a variety of Commissioning projects in new and existing commercial and institutional facilities. Projects will focus on identifying and correcting inefficiencies in HVAC and domestic hot water systems, central plants, lighting, process equipment, and building controls. The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative and challenging environment and has a passion for Commissioning, quality, energy efficiency and problem solving.
Successful candidates will have a background in HVAC engineering, direct digital controls, and energy efficiency strategies for large commercial buildings and a strong desire to balance their analytical and report writing skills with hands-on field work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Contribute primarily to Commissioning and occasionally to retro-commissioning, energy efficiency retrofit, and demand response projects.
- Help customers achieve required Commissioning tasks required to secure a LEED rating.
- Monitor HVAC systems with building automation systems and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems or to find inefficient control sequences.
- Perform hands-on testing of HVAC, lighting, and control systems in new and existing buildings
- Write commissioning plans and field reports for new construction projects
- Write assessment, detailed evaluation, and measurement and verification reports and retro-commissioning plans for existing facilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- LEED AP credential
- A commissioning certification (from University of Wisconsin or Building Commissioning Association)
- California-Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE) preferred
- 10 - 15 years of HVAC and controls experience
For more information or to apply, please visit our website.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER
Veolia Energy North America is a leader in sustainable energy services and facility management. Veolia Energy is a division of Veolia Environment (NYSE: VE), a world leader, and benchmark, in environmental services with operations on every continent and with more than 150 years of experience. The complementary Veolia divisions are Energy, Water, and Environmental Services
Scope and Responsibilities:
The Service Sales Manager is responsible for identifying and developing long-term, integrated, energy service operations & maintenance contracts and will lead the pursuit of new business opportunities by discovering and establishing strong relationships with new clients in commercial and industrial markets. Specific Scope of Work will include:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the local energy industry - its structure, trends, and issues.
- Fully understand, through discovery, customer requirements and their primary business objectives.
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate the full scope of Veolia Energy's solutions and services.
- Identify potential customers and develop relationships with key decision makers in the client organization.
- Secure new project opportunities, and grow sales volume and market share.
- Seek internal technical project guidance to ensure achievement of customer satisfaction
- Provide high quality service to our clients.
- Maintain an accurate and timely forecast that is current as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Manage and participate in the preparation, pricing, and presentation of Sales Proposals to customers.
- Lead negotiations with clients, including preparation of contracts and possible structuring of financing solutions.
- Present reporting and financial tools to customers and prospects.
- Serve as the Lead Liaison to the Veolia Team (operations, finance, legal, etc.) throughout the entire sales process.
- Assess competitor strengths, weaknesses, and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years of outside sales experience.
- BA or BS.
- Ability to navigate and interact comfortably with facility managers/directors and decision makers.
- Experience selling Facility Maintenance, and/or Operations and Maintenance contracts.
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact decision makers in large commercial and industrial businesses.
- Ability to work independently with remote management
- Able to evaluate a given market, target most likely potential customers, create a market appropriate engagement method, execute on the engagement method, and ultimately close business with new customers in a given territory and vertical market.
- Knowledge of central plant operation and maintenance processes, estimating procedures, and equipment uses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with Energy Performance Contracts or Guarantees
- HVAC trade, industry, and supplier connections
- Preference for certified energy credentials (i.e. LEED, CEM, etc.).
- Comfort with, or preferably experience in, energy efficiency for commercial facilities.
- Excellent organization, time management, and professional appearance
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website, www.veoliaenergyna.com, and submit your information to requisition # 22244
Veolia Energy North America is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Drymaxx Air Solutions, LLC
5311 Allott Ave., Sherman Oaks, CA 91401
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to join our team and help cement our company's current position as one of the premier and fastest-growing manufacturer's reps in the HVAC industry Our employees are our most important assets. They are productive, challenged, well trained, promoted, working in a casual and fun yet professional environment.
Drymaxx Air Solutions is a manufacturer's rep firm specializing in custom applications and engineered systems for fresh air solutions, desiccant and refrigeration dehumidification systems, all forms of humidification systems, computer room and precision cooling systems, coils, indirect and direct evaporative cooling systems, UV light disinfectant systems for both air and water, and air conditioning equipment.
We are committed to providing excellent service before, during and after the sale.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- Competitive nature and results-driven personality
- The ability to develop new customers whilst maintaining relationships with existing customers
- The ability to communicate with customers through presentations, face-to-face meetings, in writing and over the phone.
- Primary job duties include prioritizing sales calls, setting sales schedules, customer site visits, visiting existing and new accounts, customer follow up, and processing incoming orders.
- College degree
- 2+ years experience in related field including working for an engineering firm
THIS POSITION PROVIDES:
- Draw + bonus/commission-commensurate with abilities
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- 401(k) plan
- Auto allowance
- Health Insurance Allowance
**To apply for position, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Delta-Q, Inc. is looking for a highly experienced and qualified candidate to join our Southern California commercial products sales team. We are experiencing rapid growth in this market and have a tremendous opportunity to capitalize on a growing portfolio of commercial HVAC and plumbing product lines.
When you join our team, you will help us develop and implement our strategy to increase sales in the commercial construction and replacement markets. Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with mechanical and plumbing engineers to specify products from manufacturers like Grundfos, Paco, Amtrol and Spirotherm among many others. You will also work closely with our manufacturer principals to implement market plans and promotional activities.
Base salary will be augmented by growth incentives and our company profit sharing program.
If you have experience working with engineers in the field of commercial HVAC/Plumbing systems, please send your resume to email@example.com.
A profitable and stable manufacturer of proprietary HVAC termination fixtures located in Cumming, GA is seeking a candidate for the new position of Regional Sales Manager. We are a German owned company with manufacturing sites across the world. The company has a 60 year history of positive growth with a reputation for designing and building quality products. We offer a competitive salary with medical, dental and matching 401K plan.
- Drive the revenue of TROX products through independent distribution channel.
- Oversee independent distributor business strategy and execution, working with principals and sales engineers.
- Interact directly with customer base in territory (consulting engineers, owners, architects, contractors).
- Provide marketplace presentations and support of emerging technologies.
- Leverage corporate resources as needed (application, lab, sales, production, engineering).
- Provide product, application, pricing, and sales support for assigned region and other US territories as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years HVAC industry experience.
- Possess professional selling skills and ability to influence.
- Proven track record of growing sales.
- Financial acumen.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Bonus structure based on regional and corporate goals.
- Leased car.
Interested and matching candidates should send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Sales Manager - West Coast
UVDI is a leading manufacturer and supplier of UV-C products for air, surface and water disinfection for OEM contract manufacturing as well as branded sales channels. UVDI brands include ALTRU-V® where UVDI markets a full line of products for the HVACR market designed to reduce energy consumption and lower maintenance costs while delivering cleaner, healthier air. Under UVDI’s Sparks Technology™ brand, the company markets gas phase filtration products for use in commercial and industrial applications worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager to successfully grow UVDI business in Western USA. This position is based out of our corporate office in Valencia, California. The primary responsibility is to increase revenue and market share in the region. The Regional Sales Manager will develop account strategies and be the key customer contact for all sales activities for the region. The successful candidate will be able to identify new business opportunities and develop a strategy to capture that business. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, posess superior sales skills and present a proven track record of meeting or exceeding aggressive sales goals.
The candidate must possess Business Development/Sales Lead Development/Territory Manager experience in selling technical products to the, HVAC or similar commercial industry. Strong business to business analytical, financial, strategic thinking and marketing skills. Demonstrated success in establishing and managing relationships with OEM customers, channel partners and strategic accounts. A four-year degree in business or technical related field is desired and a minimum seven years’ experience in sales and/or marketing with a demonstrated successful track record rewarded by increased responsibilities. Experience with commercial HVAC systems, including filtration is preferred.
As a UVDI employee, you will be compensated based on experience and offered an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending account, and vacation, sick pay and tuition reimbursement.
If you’ve demonstrated your ability to thrive in a collaborative, team culture and are looking for abundant opportunities to succeed, please email your resume, salary history and requirements with a cover letter to email@example.com or fax it to Human Resources at (661) 257-4697
UVDI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/H/V.
Local candidates only please.
Coffman Engineers seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team in applying engineering skills to a variety of diverse and challenging projects for our Los Angeles office located in Encino, California. The successful candidate will have 6 to 10 years of experience in the consulting engineering field in the design of HVAC, piping and plumbing systems for healthcare facilities, commercial buildings, and industrial facilities.
- A four-year degree in engineering, MS preferred
- P.E. registration required
- Familiarity with sustainable design practices and LEED accreditation preferred
- Healthcare experience required
- BIM-REVIT experience required
- A thorough understanding of how various mechanical systems and equipment operate is desirable
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
We are a company that truly focuses on its employees by supporting and encouraging them to advance professionally and technically. We offer an excellent salary/benefits package, a desirable location, and a professional office environment with the opportunity to work on exciting projects.
Coffman Engineers was founded over 31 years ago. We have offices in Anchorage, Alaska; Honolulu, Hawaii; Los Angeles, California; and Seattle & Spokane, Washington serving clients all over the United States as well as overseas. We provide structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and corrosion control engineering, and project/construction management services for a diverse client base.
ARC engineering Inc. is a local mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting and design firm with a national reach. Our clients are Fortune 500, entrepreneurs, pop culture icons, trend setters, developers, and corporate financial firms. Our principals are recognized as the premier engineers in the area.
We are a growing and busy, full service MEP firm located in the central SF valley, having gone from 3 people to 25 people in five years during the recent recession. Our projects are exciting and challenging on every level. We utilize latest technologies, engineering skills and people skills. We pride ourselves on exceptional client service and problem solving skills.
We are seeking a motivated, HVAC engineer with five years of skilled experience. We are looking for an engineer with great communication, a thirst for knowledge, flexible easy-going and fun, and above all, a leader of the future who will grow with the company and have what it takes to keep it going long after the founders have retired.
What We Offer:
- Competitive over-market salary
- Ability to build a name for themselves in the industry
- Great healthcare benefits and retirement plan
- Opportunity to work on a variety of small to large and exciting projects with a dynamic team
- Experienced and industry leading mentorship
If you are interested in a challenging and exciting career opportunity with us please email your resume, your qualifications and your salary requirements to Vicki Terceman at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her at (818) 508-6300. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Check us out at www.arceng.net
This is not just a very rewarding job, this is a career.
Energy Efficiency Engineer
Willdan Energy Solutions, a specialized resource conservation firm that assists companies, institutions, and agencies with planning and implementing their energy efficiency, water conservation, and renewable energy strategies, is seeking to fill an Energy Efficiency Engineering position at our Monrovia and San Diego, CA locations.
The qualified individual should have:
- Experience performing and documenting Energy Audits for commercial, institutional, municipal, lodging, and residential customers.
- Knowledge of the utility data bases including DEER and other M&V sources.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, and variable speed drives.
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, chilled and hot water loops, and boilers.
- Experience with standard energy calculation tools such as eQuest and bin data analyses.
- Experience in natural gas saving measures and calculations is a plus but not required.
The candidate should be familiar with water distribution, compressed air systems, heat recovery, thermal storage, and hydronic systems; and the ability to perform energy savings analyses based on standard field data and common assumptions.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Min 3 years experience
- Be proficient in MS Office
Desired qualifications include:
- CA PE depending on position
- LEED accredited professional
The responsibilities may be tailored to a senior or junior level depending on the candidate's experience.
We offer competitive wages and a superior benefits package including 100% premium paid dental, vision, and life insurance. Medical premium is company paid at 70-85% and effective at date of hire. We offer a 401(k) plan with matching and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
For consideration, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 714-940-6385 with "EnergyEngrs" in the subject line.